The style? Purist, elegant, timeless style icon
Pralines in July is Carine Roitfeld, editor of the "French Vogue. The press calls them "Anti-Anna" , she calls herself "Pun k VOGUE family and Pralines she calls" The Timel ose style icon " .
She got herself back on but the colors and patterns, but shows a marked weakness for cuts and elegance. Elegance is the keyword when it comes to Carine. Because that's what she radiates with her style and its nature. She is direct, honest, eccentric, down to earth and hate bags. can you describe your look very simple: Parisian chic - to her it is pure, elegant and above all timeless. Also on the first view of permanent raised and thereby acting sounds boring, like black, white and khaki look at Roitfeld incredibly stylish, fresh and latest fashion from. It is their credo: do not follow the fashion!
Carine Roitfeld, born at 19:09:54 in Paris, may be called since 2001 the editor of French Vogue. Her father, a Russian film producer and her idol, and her mother, a traditional woman from France, are the two people who most influenced Carine. Her husband, Christian Restoin, sacrificed his job for Vogue Carine career, and as has now been found was that not all to bad investment. For today, he may call the former model for almost 30 years, "his" and was even presented with her two children.
At the age of 18 years, Carine Roitfeld demModeln had begun after she was discovered at the Paris street by a British photographer. Her words, the effect she was not a star, but a simple un from time to time booked model. Later, she made the letter to its task and was then a stylist for French Elle. Her daughter was still little has been booked for modeling jobs and after a shoot with Mario Testino, a collaboration followed this. They were hired by others, of Roland and American Vogue. For six years, was presented the way the model also the muse for Tom Ford, Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent dar. until she ultimately brought in 2001 by Jonathan Newhouse for French Vogue.
WORLD ONLINE commented-out of Pralines
Carine Roitfeld is chief editor of French Vogue and is considered the muse of the moment. She has a rather strange motto for the industry. Namely: Do not follow the fashion!
There is probably no unglamorous place in Paris as the editor of French Vogue. Directly opposite the Elysee Palace, in a backyard building, there are the rooms of the fashion magazine. The hall of the Editorial Board has less charm than the waiting room of an employment office. Carine Roitfeld, editor in chief, sits on a glass coffee table. You draws its enormous horn-rimmed glasses a little deeper, scans the host and provides still water in a disposable cup.
Carine Roitfeld: Bonjour, I like your Clock. Rose gold, non?
WELT ONLINE: Yes, that's right!
Roitfeld: It sparkles so pretty. What brand is your sweater?
WELT ONLINE: Let us rather talk about your style. How did you put together your outfit this morning?
Roitfeld: You know, for me it's very easy because I know exactly what suits me. I have worn in the last few days very much black, and today I needed a color felt. So I brought out the first thing this Balenciaga jacket in khaki. It is already four years old, and I knew that this close-fitting skirt suits them. Also, I am still a little browned and therefore did not wear stockings. It went so quickly. I know my style and my colors.
WELT ONLINE: Do you agree with Miuccia Prada, who claims not women should look for a dress code, but instinctively pull the clothes from her closet?
Roitfeld: Absolutely. Above all, you have to know what makes a beautiful, and always make sure that you have a specific character. It is not to be beautiful, but to feel themselves beautiful. And you should never follow the fashion.
WELT ONLINE: And you say that as editor of French Vogue?
Roitfeld: Yes, during the shows we see so many collections. And when they come into the stores, even the old is new for me. So it's better if you just carrying what may be itself - regardless of trends. (Pralines Note: At this point I would like beautiful later in an article yet)
WELT ONLINE: Even if you do not speak French, you understand your Vogue immediately. How would you describe your style?
Roitfeld: I am a typical Yves-Saint-Laurent-wife from the seventies. She was also sexy, confident, and provoked in. This attitude, I would like to share. Because the magazines show the same stuff anyway. So we have to differentiate ourselves. We want to be controversial and show smoking women on the cover or chained, naked models. Feminists scream at me for it. But that pushes me in the right direction. The other Vogue editions in England, Germany or the United States are very classical. I'm the punk in the Vogue family. Or you can also say that we are a kind of Barbie Vogue. We have in mind all the same. We are different in only one thing: I hate handbags, my fellow they love.
WELT ONLINE: Wait, you do not like bags?
Roitfeld: Yes, is not that bad? Especially at this time, when there is only one: Bags, bags, handbags. I prefer it, all tucked into my jacket.
WELT ONLINE: Is it in the fashion industry really only about the accessories?
Roitfeld: Not everywhere. Comme des Garçons's my favorite show because they allowed themselves the luxury of showing no pockets. I understand if a house like Louis Vuitton luggage shows. This is where they finally started it all. But at Dior and Saint Laurent, it is absurd. Those were times acclaimed fashion houses, and now they want to sell only pockets.
WELT ONLINE: You get everything for free anyway by the designers.
Roitfeld: Oh, now send the houses not gifts, but charity cards. But I have a model-size and can choose my outfits, which we have taken. That is very kind. Everything is just smaller, less gifts ...
WELT ONLINE: ... less glamorous ...
Roitfeld: Yes, unfortunately. Fashion has become a business. But this site I would not show in my magazine. People want to dream. What I like is the fashion. I love to go to the shows. (Note Pralines. That's why I respect and no longer competitive because for me is a passion Pralines and no means to an end or even a competition)
WELT ONLINE:. Her style became world famous through the collaboration with Tom Ford, he will even dedicated an entire collection. They wore at that time always black. The industry was quite shocked when you were wearing something green sometimes.
Roitfeld: Green? I? This may not be. I only wear three colors: black, white and khaki. As you get older, this will help black is too harsh for your complexion.
WELT ONLINE: Do you miss working with Tom Ford?
Roitfeld: It's just different today. The time spent with Tom was perfect. Although he loves men, he has a very special way of dealing with women to flirt with them. And it is safe not the worst, ten years to have had a flirtation with Tom Ford, non? Everything was possible at that time. We produced sex pictures for advertising campaigns, and no one is excited. It was more fun than today. Today is just work. It's all about wearable clothes ... Tom's vision is demodeé.
WELT ONLINE: You are very slim. Can you understand the discussion about lean models?
Roitfeld: Oh, là, là! Fashion looks at thin women simply look better. I think it's still bad if women are starving to be model. You can eat normally and stay thin. To die for the job is unattractive.
WELT ONLINE: designers such as Prada do not thin models more involved.
Roitfeld: It's absurd. It's all about an ideal. When Karl Lagerfeld has designed his collection for H & M, I visited him at the fittings. They had booked but not models, but staff tried the clothes. Karl was a little, shall we say, confused. But H & M wanted the clothes fit normal people.
WELT ONLINE: Did it look good?
Roitfeld: It was worth a try.
WELT ONLINE: That sounds arrogant.
Roitfeld: No, all thinking the more. But the fashion industry is a demanding job, and you are not automatically stupid, if you work there. (Note Pralines: It is with this problem and I have to fight every day. )
WELT ONLINE: But many think.
Roitfeld: idiots are everywhere. And if a nurse carries an intellectual profession, I do not know.
WELT ONLINE: Still, there are more parties in the evening in your industry than in the hospital corridor.
Roitfeld: So what? The one excludes the other but not enough. I enjoy all this every day and am grateful for this task. For I am aware that I am in the fashion scene at some point no longer "in fashion" bin. In three or four years here is someone else.
WELT ONLINE: That sounds so nice down to earth at.
Roitfeld: You must remain calm and not take so important. Before the shows are always about photographers who want to photograph me and my colleagues. I am always friendly and smiling into the camera. Do you know why? I respect every job. And these people even take their work. Also, I've found that I look much better with a laugh. It's not a drama to go to the fashion shows and beautiful dresses from the front row to see. But when I look at the evil face of many of my bad-tempered fellow, I think that since I'm probably an exception, non? (Note Pralines: You said that most probably Anna Wintour)
0 comments:
Post a Comment